No entry after 11pm
Bar closes midnight
A selection of traditional home cooked pub food
EVERY DAY from Midday to 2.15pm (on Sunday 3pm) and
EVERY EVENING from 6-9pm.
Starters & Snacks
Desserts & Hot Drinks
plus Daily Specials and Seasonal Menus
A fine selection of Single Malt Whiskies. Wines of the world, available by the bottle or in the glass, using the Verre de Vin system.
A private room we call ‘the Cottage’, is available for 8 – 12 people to meet and/or eat . Booking is advised by ringing 01865 510551.
Free WiFi • Credit Cards • ATM
CONVENTIONS ♦ FACILITIES
To help you enjoy your visit, read on …
CHILDREN ♦ THE COTTAGE ♦ THE COURTYARD
THE BARBECUE ♦ DINING ♦ ATM ♦ DOGS CATS and PETS
Click image below for Google View
here and near
N.B. we can send a simple text message reminder of EVENTS at the ROSE and CROWN to your portable telephone, just let us know.
- July 22 @ 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm
- July 28 @ 10:00 am - 2:00 pm
- July 29 @ 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm
- August 5 @ 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm
- August 11 @ 10:00 am - 2:00 pm
- August 12 @ 7:00 pm - 9:30 pm
- August 19 @ 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm
- August 25 @ 10:00 am - 2:00 pm
- August 26 @ 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm
- September 2 @ 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm
- September 8 @ 10:00 am - 2:00 pm
- September 9 @ 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm
- September 16 @ 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm
- September 22 @ 10:00 am - 2:00 pm
- September 23 @ 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm
History of the Rose & Crown Public House
The pint-sized Rose and Crown is of interest historically, as it reflects the development of central north Oxford in the last century. The land upon which it stands, between St. Giles church and the village of Summertown, was farmland owned by St. John’s College. Speculators combined to buy up land and build houses there.
At North Parade (the word ‘Avenue’ hadn’t been added yet), the land …..